O' what a Day to Remember!


I recollect this day in the year 2001 how Christ made a difference in my life. I accepted Him as my personal Lord and savior (7.4.2001) through a simple way but it has changed my life’s direction and goal. As I look back from now, I don’t have any regrets in making that decision. He has always been faithful to me (1 Cor 1:9).  On this day I contemplate the joy I had that very night I received Him in my life. All I had was a simple childlike faith to go to Him and confess my sins and by faith received Him as my Lord and Savior.

In this brief post I like to share how I led to that decision on that day and how significant it is. So that if you have not received Him in your life, you can confess your sins and receive Him by faith as your Lord and Savior. Will you? Trust me you will never regret for making this costly decision.

As I was young and energetic youth I was so active in attending church meetings regularly and had many Christian friends, also went to lot of Christian camps but still my heart was far from God. I still haven’t surrendered my life to God. I attended a youth meeting in our church at Coimbatore on 7th of April. That very afternoon I have come to know how John Stott, a good Christian evangelical writer, received the Lord in his life during his school days.

I dropped the preacher after the meeting in my bike to the nearby stop. While driving the preacher asked me have you received Jesus in your life? I just nodded my head but deep within I know who I am. That very evening I started to search my book shelf and found a book named ‘Truth about Jesus’ by John Stott. I started reading this book because I heard about this man that afternoon. Coming to a particular chapter –chapter 10 – ‘Reaching a decision’, Stott expounds the verse Rev 3:20 poignantly. It meant a lot to me that evening. I believe I was convicted by the Spirit of God and I confessed my sins to Him and with tears received Him through faith. Truly it was joy filled night to me. I ran to share to one of my friend next day morning about my new spiritual experience. He too was excited and prayed with me. O’ what a Day to Remember!

I beseech every reader of this article to think about your own life. Have you received Lord Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior?

Delay not for making this decision. Your life will be safe in His hands. God has a good plan for your future (Jer 29:11).  

Don’t try Him, rather Trust Him in simple faith!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essentials During The Christmas Season (3.5 mins read)

Our response to Covid19 - Fear or Faith?

TEN REMINDERS TO PREPARE FOR THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON (5 min read)